Pregnancy can be a daunting time and its just the very start of your parenting journey. We are passionate about helping Mum’s prepare the financial security for themselves and their family through our family protection recommendations. Being a parent is by no means cheap, national statistics show that the average cost to bring a child up in the UK is £231,843 (to age 21) and adds 38% to the household running costs.
Every 22 minutes, a child loses a parent they depend on financially* and as much as this is a massive emotional strain and upset on any family, a financial burden on top of this in our view is unnecessary if the correct protection package is in place.
We are whole of market advisers and can help you pick the right protection products from the very start. We strongly recommend life cover to protect mortgages, cover that protects you if you were to become sick and cover that would help with the upbringing costs of your children. We want to help you protect what you have worked so hard for given all circumstances.
We also offer an extensive Will writing service which includes single wills, mirror wills, children trusts and power of attorneys. We understand the importance of stipulating guardians and making preparations for your children’s inheritance ensuring your wishes for your children are carried out if the worse was to happen.
We ask that you ask yourself the following questions:
- How would your family manage financially in the event of income loss due to sickness or accident?
- How would you pay off your mortgage and household bills if the breadwinner died or suffered a serious illness?
- Would you need to reduce your working hours to look after your children if one of you passed away?
- What are your plans to pay for your children’s education?
- Have you made a Will to protect your loved ones?
- Who do you want to care for your children, in the event of your death?